Alpine is very proud to be providing Walk-In Services in both the Lake Zurich and Algonquin offices. We feel this service is extremely advantageous to our patients and community for the following reasons:
- The extended service hours allows students or working patients to be seen early in the morning. Patients miss very little school or work if any.
- Making an appointment is not required. Patients are seen in the order that they arrive.
- Patients that would otherwise need to go to an urgent care center because of unavailability of appointments, can be seen in the Walk-In-Clinic saving families hundreds of dollars in expenses.
- Patients can follow up with their primary care physician or the physician /physician assistant who saw them in the Walk-In-Clinic, allowing Alpine to maintain continuity of care.
- Patients can expect to wait very little in the Walk-In-Clinic. The appointment slots are designed to address acute ailments such as: sore throats, headaches, sinus congestion and fevers. There will be unexpected occasions in which circumstances require we spend more time with patients, resulting in excessive wait times.
- Although patients appreciate the short wait times, we know that patients also value being treated with consideration and being provided personalized attention. Alpine Family Physicians guarantees to maintain the same quality of care as is provided during a regular office visit.
There are certain types of appointments that cannot be addressed in the Walk-In-Clinic and may be referred to the emergency department at the nearest hospital. Patients can call either Alpine office to speak with a nurse about symptoms and possible treatment plans.
In order for the Walk-In-Clinic to maintain effectiveness and efficiency, Alpine asks that patients with the following needs and/or symptoms schedule regular office appointments:
- Symptoms that have been present for an extended period of time
- Follow up from a previous visit or hospital stay
- Athletic and surgery physicals
- Medication reconciliation or follow-up
Walk-In Clinic hours are Monday through Friday:
Lake Zurich – 7am-9:30am
Algonquin – 8am-9:30am